Booking for 2023 Heritage Train Rides Open, Click Buy Now above.
The Railway's Passenger Bookings are to be made online, We are a Cashless railway, to save handling by our Volunteers.
Individual Tickets Fares for ALL Traveling Passengers.
Have a Happy Easter with us!
The railway are excited to have the Easter Bunny as special guest, who will ride the trains handing out a treat to all the children that join us for the day.
Come on down and celebrate your Easter with us!
Train Times: 10:30am, 12:00 midday, 1:30pm and 3:00pm.
Tickets will sell fast so book now to avoid dissapointment!
School Holiday Specials!
Stumped on what to do on the school holidays? We've got you covered.
We've added extra services on Wednesdays during the school holidays in addition to our normal Sunday services - so come join us for a trip into yesteryear in lovingly restored century old carriages pulled by one of our heritage steam or diesel locomotives!
Online bookings close 30 minutes before each departure from Moorooduc on each of running day.
The timetable for our regular excursion trains is shown below.
During special events, times may vary, so always check with us.
MOOROODUC Departure; 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm & 3:00pm
for a one hour return trip.
Fares Effective -
|Child under 3||Companion||FREE|
Online bookings assist with Contact tracing requirements.
During the current restrictions all passengers are to make the return journey on the same train.
Depart Mooroduc; 10:30am, 12:00pm, 1:30pm & 3:00pm.
Return Mornington; 11:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm & 3:30pm.
No passenger/s may commence travel from Mornington during Covid Safe operations.
Online bookings ONLY
Victorian Railways heritage train services operate along the original Mornington Branch Line on:
- every Sundays of each month
- some additional Special Event dates (refer timetable, web site & Facebook)
Bookings are essential on Excursion Trains
Steam locomotive hauled services operate on most days.
Heritage diesels may operate on some days (refer timetable)
Three return services operate between Moorooduc and Mornington (refer timetable)
- K Class steam locomotive
- Heritage diesel locomotives
- Lovingly restored heritage carriages & rolling stock–some more than 100 years old
- Free parking at all 3 stations
- Moorooduc Station:
- Main depot and station adjacent to Mt Eliza Regional Park
- Kiosk & BBQ
- Foot bridge from North Fitzroy
- Signal box from Somerton
- Platform entertainment
- Bookings for all other services
- Accessible toilet
- Tanti Station on Bungower Road
- New Mornington Station on Yuilles Road
- Shuttle bus from Mornington Station to Mornington township operates on some days (refer web site & Facebook) CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DURING COVID SAFE OPERATIONS
- Theme & Major Events (refer timetable, web site and Facebook)
ALSO available on most Sundays
- On train Children’s Birthday Parties
- Group travel
- Platform parties
|Bookings: 1300 767 274|