Booking have opened for Trains to recommence on Sunday 21st November
The railway's COVID plan ALL Bookings are to be made online for contact tracing, also due to NO cash handling by our Volunteers.
For us to comply with Regulations to operate, ALL Passengers over 16 MUST show Double Vaccination Certificate or Medical Exemptions along with some ID upon arrival at Mooroduc Station when checking in.
Compartment sales of groups from, up to 4 and a max. 6 passengers. Each departure will be limited to 100 passengers.
MASKS required onboard the train and buildings at all Times. Station platforms outdoor space, when social distance can't be maintained. (Unless medical exemption)
Sunday: January 2022
OPENING Soon for January Ticket Booking
2nd Heritage Train - Coming Soon MOOROODUC STATION MARKET
9th Heritage Train - Coming Soon
16th Heritage Train - Coming Soon
23rd Heritage Train - Coming Soon
30th Heritage Train - Coming Soon
Online bookings close 5 minutes before each departure from Moorooduc on each of running day.
The timetable for our regular excursion trains is shown below.
During special events, times may vary, so always check with us.
CURRENT COVID Fares NOV 2020- December 2021
|2021 Covid FARES||passenger No.||RETURN|
|Compartments||up to 4||$60.00|
|Child under 1||FREE|
Currently limits set out we are only able to sell space aboard the train by the compartments to a certain limit which currently is at a maximum of 6 people from a family and/or bubble. Online bookings ONLY to secure seating to assist with Contact tracing requirements.
During the current restrictions all passengers are to make the return journey on the same train.
Depart Mooroduc; 10:00am, 12:00pm & 2:00pm.
Return Mornington; 10:30am, 12:30pm & 2:30pm.
No passenger/s may commence travel from Mornington during Covid Safe operations.
Online bookings ONLY
Fares Effective - ON HOLD
Online bookings ONLY to secure seating to assist with Contact tracing requirements.
2021 Train Times
For further running information please download our 2020 timetable above.
Victorian Railways heritage train services operate along the original Mornington Branch Line on:
- every Sundays of each month
- some additional Special Event dates (refer timetable, web site & Facebook)
Bookings are essential on Excursion Trains
Steam locomotive hauled services operate on most days.
Heritage diesels may operate on some days (refer timetable)
Three return services operate between Moorooduc and Mornington (refer timetable)
- K Class steam locomotive
- Heritage diesel locomotives
- Lovingly restored heritage carriages & rolling stock–some more than 100 years old
- Free parking at all 3 stations
- Moorooduc Station:
- Main depot and station adjacent to Mt Eliza Regional Park
- Kiosk & BBQ
- Foot bridge from North Fitzroy
- Signal box from Somerton
- Platform entertainment
- Bookings for all other services
- Accessible toilet
- Tanti Station on Bungower Road
- New Mornington Station on Yuilles Road
- Shuttle bus from Mornington Station to Mornington township operates on some days (refer web site & Facebook) CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DURING COVID SAFE OPERATIONS
- Theme & Major Events (refer timetable, web site and Facebook)
ALSO available on most Sundays
- On train Children’s Birthday Parties
- Group travel
- Platform parties
|Bookings: 1300 767 274|