Booking for 2022 Heritage Train Rides Open, Click Buy Now above.
The railway's COVID plan Compartment Bookings are to be made online, We are a Cashless railway, to save handling by our Volunteers.
For us to comply with Regulations to operate, ALL Passengers over 16 MUST show Double Vaccination Certificate or Medical Exemptions along with some ID upon arrival at Moorooduc Station when checking in.
Compartment sales of groups from, up to 4 and a max. 6 passengers. Each departure will be limited to 150 passengers.
MASKS required onboard the train and buildings at all Times. Station platforms outdoor space, when social distance can't be maintained. (Unless medical exemption)
Online bookings close 5 minutes before each departure from Moorooduc on each of running day.
The timetable for our regular excursion trains is shown below.
During special events, times may vary, so always check with us.
CURRENT COVID Fares 2022.
|2022 Covid FARES||passenger No.||RETURN|
|Compartments||up to 4||$65.00|
|Child under 1||FREE|
Currently COVID limits, compartments to a certain limit which currently Up to $ passengers, capped then at a maximum of 6 people from a family and/or bubble. Children under 1 are not counted towards limits. Online bookings ONLY to secure seating.
During the current restrictions all passengers are to make the return journey on the same train.
Depart Mooroduc; 10:00am, 12:00pm & 2:00pm.
Return Mornington; 10:30am, 12:30pm & 2:30pm.
No passenger/s may commence travel from Mornington during Covid Safe operations.
Online bookings ONLY
Fares Effective - ON HOLD
Online bookings ONLY to secure seating to assist with Contact tracing requirements.
2022 Train Times
Victorian Railways heritage train services operate along the original Mornington Branch Line on:
- every Sundays of each month
- some additional Special Event dates (refer timetable, web site & Facebook)
Bookings are essential on Excursion Trains
Steam locomotive hauled services operate on most days.
Heritage diesels may operate on some days (refer timetable)
Three return services operate between Moorooduc and Mornington (refer timetable)
- K Class steam locomotive
- Heritage diesel locomotives
- Lovingly restored heritage carriages & rolling stock–some more than 100 years old
- Free parking at all 3 stations
- Moorooduc Station:
- Main depot and station adjacent to Mt Eliza Regional Park
- Kiosk & BBQ
- Foot bridge from North Fitzroy
- Signal box from Somerton
- Platform entertainment
- Bookings for all other services
- Accessible toilet
- Tanti Station on Bungower Road
- New Mornington Station on Yuilles Road
- Shuttle bus from Mornington Station to Mornington township operates on some days (refer web site & Facebook) CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE DURING COVID SAFE OPERATIONS
- Theme & Major Events (refer timetable, web site and Facebook)
ALSO available on most Sundays
- On train Children’s Birthday Parties
- Group travel
- Platform parties
|Bookings: 1300 767 274|